Safety & Security
Lincoln BIG works with businesses around the city centre to ensure a safe and secure experience when trading, shopping or visiting.
The Security Group provides the following services free of charge to members within the BID:
- Membership to the Security Group ‘Shopwatch’ Scheme.
- Intelligence Meetings.
- Encrypted radios are also available to lease providing you with connectivity to CCTV control room, city partners and other businesses operating in Lincoln
- Security Group Intranet Access, including access to DISC App.
- Free Radio Training
In association with EMAS Lincoln BIG have placed defibrillators in various locations throughout the city in bars and hotels. The defibrillators are very easy to use and have already been instrumental in saving lives.
- Defibrillators are located at the following locations across the City
- Cube and Triangle, 40 Silver Street, Lincoln LN2 1EH
- Doubletree by Hilton, Brayford Wharf North, Lincoln LN1 1YW
- St Marks Management Office, St Marks Shopping Centre
- Home Nightclub, 4 Park Street, Lincoln LN1 1UF
- Waterside Shopping Centre (Between O2 and Goldsmiths), High Street, Lincoln LN2 1AP
- Magna Carta Public House, 1 Exchequer Gate, Bailgate
It is hoped that these services will help businesses to work in partnership with each other and other agencies to combat crime within their stores. The services are also available outside the BID area, charges apply and are based on the businesses rateable value.
Daytime Security Package
Membership of the ‘Shopwatch’ scheme is part of the Daytime Security Package which is a formal agreement between Lincoln BIG, Lincolnshire Police and the City of Lincoln Council.
Intelligence meetings are held allowing Lincolnshire Police, the Council and Lincoln BIG as well as Security Group members to swap useful information.
Free radio training training is offered on request.