The Lincoln Creates fund is a £50,000 pot of money which is designed to support new creative projects in Lincoln City.
About Lincoln Creates
Lincoln Creates has been created using funds raised through the public auction of the sculptures in the Knights' Trail of 2017. Lincoln Creates is a collaboration between Lincoln BIG, Visit Lincoln, and Lincoln Cultural and Arts Partnership (LCAP).
The fund aims to encourage artists and businesses to work together on visual art projects which will make Lincoln City Centre a more vibrant place to live, work or visit. Artistic projects can receive funding of up to 100% with grants available of between £500-£5,000 towards their project. Artworks can take the form of murals, sculptures, installations created using different materials and processes. However priority will be given to concepts put forward by artists and businesses working together.
The Lincoln Creates panel met in December 2018 to consider presentations from six artists shortlisted from seventeen applications for funding. The following five projects were chosen to take place across the City Centre during 2019.
- Share Pavilion: Stokes Coffee with the artist Nadya Monfrinoli - located at The Lawn
- Window cut outs: Venues and businesses across the City Centre with the artist Lena Sass
- Poetry in the City: Venues and businesses across the City Centre with Women in the Arts
- Brayford Underpass: Brayford Waterfront with the artist James Mayle
- Origami window and store displays – with Bluebird Arts and Paperchase working with Zen Pulp
Information on the timings will be available from this website, as well as through social media and local press. This round is likely to focus on enhancing specific areas of the City Centre.